This is an Android app for randomly generating elements for tabletop RPGs (names, spells, items, monsters, characters, alien worlds, etc).
Random tables are a great tool to provide a framework for improvisation.
During game prep or in-game, if you have a choice of:
“you meet a person in the city, who are they?”
the second gives you many more hooks to help you create a memorable character to interact with your players.
Or, if you decide your party encounters a humanoid in the woods…
… would you have come up with an asthmatic half-orc bandit, laying a trap?
Bugs? Feature Requests? You can provide feedback here
Want to keep up with development? Here’s the G+ community
If you’re interested in creating generators, or want to run Adventuresmith on the desktop, there are instructions on the wiki
Application launch icon, splash screen logo, and nav-drawer-header logo were created by Brian Todd Christensen.
Adventuresmith Art by Brian Todd Christensen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at https://stevesea.github.io/Adventuresmith/.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://briantchristensen.com/Adventuresmith.
- This application uses icons from https://materialdesignicons.com/
- This application uses icons from http://ionicons.com/
Adventuresmith uses content from the following sources
NOTE: this README may be out-of-date, but the app itself has a ‘Attribution & Thanks’ page that lists all the content contained within it.
Lampblack & Brimstone
- the Perilous Wilds
- Freebooters on the Frontier
French translation of Freebooters on the Frontier, released under Creative Commons Attribution - ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.
Kevin Crawford / Sine Nomine Publishing
Sine Nomine Publishing
- Stars Without Number - content is from the free version of the SWN rule book
Courtney C Campbell
Hack & Slash blog
Paul D. Gallagher / Geist Hack Games
Neural Archive blog
The Sentinels of Meregoth / Neoplastic Press
- Maze Rats 4.1
- Maze Rats 0.1 http://questingblog.com/maze-rats/
- Minor Arcana Generator for Stonetop https://plus.google.com/collection/c0dRb
- the Fourth Page generators for World of Dungeons. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribute 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Adventuresmith source code is licensed under GNU General Public License, version 3 (GPL-3.0).